SANTA CRUZ LOCATION
Science of Weight Loss
The Science Behind A FIT Bodywrap
How It Works
A FIT Bodywrap is a dual-action system. The first action is caused by the far infrared heat of the FIT Bodywrap. This heat does not make fat leave your body. Instead, the heat from a FIT Bodywrap actually breaks stored fat down and converts it into fatty acids that are used by your muscles for energy. As the FIT Bodywrap heats your body, you begin to sweat to cool down. This sweat is fueled by the energy from the converted fatty acids.
Most people don’t sweat enough.
- During a 15-minute sauna, your body will produce up to 2 pints of sweat.* Most people have a normal sweat rate for an entire day of less than 1 pint.
- During a FIT Bodywrap you’ll actually sweat more than being in a sauna for 15 minutes.*
One of the most popular benefits of infrared heat therapy is weight loss. Extensive clinical research has documented a wide range of benefits supporting weight loss using immersive far infrared therapy as delivered by the FIT Body-wrap System.
- Sweating consumes calories and a FIT Body-wrap session can induce 3-5 times more sweat than exercise alone.
- Infrared can re-balance metabolism directly speeding up the rate calories are burned even after a session.
- As organic acids are purged your fasting insulin levels may drop toward normal, this can assist with stopping your body from being pushed to store carbs as fat.
According to FIT Body-wrap’s Clinical Director, Dr. Flickstein, “Cellulite is simply fat beneath the skin that tends to have a bumpy appearance because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker.” Infrared as delivered in the FIT Body-wrap helps fight cellulite in the following ways:
- Fat becomes water-soluble at a body temperature of approximately 100.5 degrees F and can “melt” by breaking up into smaller particles, which can then be purged from the body through infrared induced sweating. (Yamazaki)
- Through Dr. Flickstein’s studies on infrared, he has discovered infrared can help the appearance of cellulite do its ability to help rebuild collagen connective tissue. Stronger collagen can help rearrange the fat deposits away from each other and the skin’s surface, and help prevent further accumulation of cellulite.
Many people have used a heating pad to soothe body pain and heat has been well documented in the management of pain relief. The FIT Body-wrap’s penetrating infrared heat can result in immediate therapeutic benefit through increased blood flow and tissue oxygenation.
- Clinical research has established that an infrared treatment such as a FIT Body-wrap session can increase blood flow from 5-7 quarts/minute to as much as 13 quarts/minute. Therefore during a session there can be a substantial amount of nutrient and oxygen rich blood flowing which can help heal the body and relieve pain.*
- Infrared is also known to act directly on irritated nerve endings. A 2008 study found that chronic pain patients experienced nearly a 70% reduction in pain levels after the first infrared therapy session.
Countless clients have reported that FIT Body-wrap sessions lead to a sense of profound relaxation.
- The American Institute of Stress estimates that 75 to 90% of all visits to primary care physicians are for stress-related problems. Therefore taking the time to relax in the soothing infrared rays can help promote overall health and wellness.
- Scientific evidence also shows that immersive infrared thermotherapy as from the FIT Bodywrap helps maintain healthy levels of cortisol* which is known to raise the heart rate and blood pressure.
Studies suggest that far infrared stimulates the production of cell tissue and rapidly promotes the regeneration of skin and blood tissue.
- Infrared heat used in the FIT Body-wrap can be helpful with a variety of aging factors such as wrinkling, uneven skin pigmentation, and the loss of skin elasticity.
- Expelling the usually hard-to-remove heavy metals and organic acids from stress overloads in sweat can help re-balance both digestion and metabolism that can adversely impact skin beauty .